Saturday 5 July 2014

Introducing the Urgl....first test knit of a new design

This is the first test knit of a new design, which derives its shape from the use of a variety of differing increases, from yarn overs to kfbs.






The yarn I used is Wendy Zena, which I'm desperately trying to stash down, but I don't seem to find the right pattern for it. Zena is a wool, alpaca, acrylic mix. It's nice enough to work with, but is prone to shedding its wool and alpaca content, rivalling the amount of hair my cats deposit all over the place.




Due to the yarn choice for the prototype Urgl, I'm not entirely happy with the stitch definition and have decided to knit the Urgl once again, probably in a generic sock yarn before moving on to more upmarket alternatives.

The Urgl pattern was named after one of the characters in Michael Ende's Neverending Story. I was listening to the audiobook whilst completing the knit and fell in love with the name...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment