Monday 2 January 2012

Citron - Finally Finished

Citron in Patons UK Misty

It's taken a fair bit of time to complete this project, three months to be precise. Nevertheless, Citron, a semi - circular shawlette, is finally finished. The pattern designer is Hilary Smith Callis and written instructions can be found in the winter 2009 edition of Knitty


For this project I decided to attack my stash of Patons UK Misty, which I bought as a substitute for Rowan Kidsilk Haze. (More on substituting Rowan Kidsilk Haze with Patons UK Misty can be found in a previous blogpost.)



Citron in Patons UK Misty

On the whole, I am happy with the yarn, even though it split unexpectedly on two occasions, but this was easily rectified.

The pattern itself, which is written rather than charted, was a little repetitive, but the end result makes up for it.  On the plus side, I have to mention that the pattern is forgiving as regards mistakes. I am sure I did not accurately count my increases on a couple of rows, but mistakes of this kind don't seem to show up in the finished object. The design utilises two types of increases (kfb and m1) and k2tog decreases, simple stockinette stitch throughout the body and a garter stitch border. These simple techniques have been cleverly combined to create a classic piece.

Overall, I am very happy with how this project turned out and the yarn certainly did not disappoint.

Citron in Patons UK Misty





3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good information. Lucky me I ran across your website by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've bookmarked it for later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really a great and useful piece of info. I'm happy that you shared this helpful info with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete